Ah yes. The great outdoors. What a beautiful and inspirational place it can be. Many home educators love to incorporate Nature Study into their family learning, but perhaps you find it a bit daunting to launch into.
In this episode, Molly and Helen have a chat about how they’ve encouraged their children to enjoy the world around them – although neither of them have been particularly formal about it.
Mentioned in this episode:
Other helpful links:
Some book suggestions to bring which bring the outdoors in…
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Graeme
- The Country Child by Alison Uttley
- Milly Molly Mandy series by Joyce Lankester Brisley
- The Little Grey Rabbit series by Alison Uttley
- The Brambly Hedge books by Jill Barklem
- The Nursery Collection, spring, summer, autumn and winter by Shirley Hughes
- A First Book of Nature by Nicola Davies
- Many of Eric Carle’s books
- Nature books by Diana Hutts Aston and Sylvia Long
- A Child’s Guide To Trees and Woodland Walks by Charlotte Voake