I think we could all do with an infusion of joy and hope at the moment. Easter provides the perfect opportunity for this. For those with a Christian faith it is the highlight of the liturgical year, literally the crux of our faith. But for everyone, it is a festival associated with hope and new life.
We’d love you to join us as we share some of our Easter family traditions, discuss how Lent and Easter might look different for home educating families, and explore how we can help our children to hold pain and suffering alongside hope and joy.
We hope that, in the midst of our weary world and tired families, your celebrations will be overflowing with fun, rest, sunshine, hope and chocolate!
Mentioned in this episode:
- How to pronounce “Ytreeide” (sorry, Arnold!)
- Amon’s Adventure
- St John’s Passion, Bach: A version on YouTube with English subtitles, An informative guide on the Classic fm website
- Lenten music appreciation course of St John’s Passion
- The seven “I am…” statements of Jesus
- The poem “Christmas Is Really For The Children” by Steve Turner
- Some of Molly’s traditions in pictures